Charles Fiber Distribution Points (CFDP) - 6" Diameter Fiber Pedestal with 3 Entry/12
Charles Fiber Distribution Points (CFDP) - 6" Diameter Fiber Pedestal with 3 Entry/12 Drop Ports, One 4"x10" Splice Tray Included (4 tray capacity)
Closed architecture fiber pedestals feature a weather-tight enclosure within an enclosure design for superior environmental protection.
Download Charles Fiber Distribution Points (CFDP) spec sheet here
Charles Fiber Distribution Points (CFDP) offer two-stage environmental protection of fiber optic loop distribution cable and customer service drops in FTTP deployments. This two-stage protection is accomplished by housing a weather-tight interior enclosure within the confines of a non-metallic buried distribution pedestal. Together, this enclosure within an enclosure combination is designed to exceed Telcordia GR-771-CORE specifications and provide an unbeatable line of defense against the elements, flooding, fire, dirt, debris, insects, and corrosion.
CFDP are designed to provide the user with maximum flexibility in splicing techniques. CFDP can accommodate loop-through and stub-out distribution cable, ribbon and loose buffer tube type cable, branch and drop splices, and fiber slack storage. CFDP models may be ordered with an optional bulkhead for pre-connectorized drops.
CFDP are available in 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 pedestal diameters, accommodating up to 24 cable drops.
- Interior weather-tight enclosure provides mechanical and environmental protection of splice and cable storage areas
- Lift-off outer dome with self-locking mechanism ensures secure attachment to the base and creates a patented Bell-Jar Effect that provides outstanding flood protection
- Pedestal is constructed of non-metallic PVC to resist rust, corrosion, and impact. Internal equipment is protected from floods, fires, and wind-blown dust and debris
- Distribution cable side of splicing backboard includes cable storage compartment, cable management guides, ground wire posts, and strength member clamps
- Customer drop side of splicing backboard features a splice tray basket that holds trays with a 4x10 or smaller footprint, and has cable management guides for slack storage
- Two-piece split base makes it easy for technicians to place the pedestal without having to squeeze in loop-through cable, preventing bend radius damage during installation
- Expanded-capacity base easily accommodates conduit bundles and increases stability in all soil types
- Optional ribbon fiber kit available