AFL NOYES HiLite Fiber Identifier Visual Fault Locator
AFL Noyes HiLite Visual Fault Identifiers (VFI) use powerful red lasers to trace and troubleshoot single-mode or multimode optical fiber links.
A VFI can identify bends and breaks in 3mm and 900mm jacketed patch cords as well as bare fiber in splice trays. The palm-sized HiLite is equipped with (1) AAA battery.
The HiLite is a compact but powerful visible red laser source designed to troubleshoot faults or breaks in fiber optic cables.
Red light generated by the HiLite will escape from sharp bends and breaks in jacketed or bare fibers, as well as poorly mated connectors. The HiLite is an excellent compliment to an OTDR because it can pinpoint faults inside the OTDR's dead-zone. Other applications include end-to-end continuity checks, identifying connectors in patch panels and identifying fibers during splicing operations.
Also available is the Noyes HiLite Converter which converts the 2.5mm to a 1.25mm for use with LC and MU connectors.
Download Product Spec Sheet:
- 650nm visible red laser source
- High Power, 1 mW into 9/125 single-mode fiber
- Key chain size
- Universal 2.5 mm adapter included
- Universal 1.25 mm adapter available
- Identify fiber faults within OTDR deadzones
- Identify sharp bends or breaks in fibers
- Identify poorly mated connectors
- Verify integrity of AFL FAST Connector installation
More Product Information:
NOYES HiLite visible red laser source from AFL is designed to troubleshoot faults on fiber optic cables. Light generated by these units will escape from sharp bends and breaks in jacketed or bare fibers, as well as poorly mated connectors. They can quickly identify faults in fiber optic jumper cables, distribution frames, patch panels, and splice trays.
FACT: Many fiber network defects occur within the first few meters within typical OTDR dead zones.
HiLite is an excellent complement to any OTDR because it can locate faults inside the OTDRs dead-zone. Other applications include end-to-end continuity checks, as well as identifying connectors in patch panels and fibers during splicing operations. The universal connector interface mates with many connector styles without needing an adapter.
Trace cables in crowded or un-documented setups. A HiLite is a quick means of finding the other end from amongst cluttered cables. Simply connect to one end and look for the visible red light transmitted out the opposite connector.
Fiber Coupled Lasers for Best Test Results
NOYES HiLite units deliver 1 mW of output power into 9/125 single-mode fiber to ensure long range and exceptional brightness for locating defects in both single-mode and multimode fibers.
Universal Connector Interface
- HiLite units use a threaded connector adapter interface to support tool-free adapter removal for connector cleaning and field changing of adapter styles. Universal connector adapters offer quick connection and test to single ferrule connectors such as FC, SC, ST, LC, MU, and more.
- 2.5 mm adapter accepts PC and angled connectors FC, SC, ST, etc.
- 1.25 mm adapter accepts LC and MU connectors.
A HiLite Visible Fault Identifier (VFI) -- or Visual Fault Locator (VFL) -- is an essential tool for fiber installation and maintenance technicians.
- Wavelength: 650 nm +/-20 nm
- Output Power: 1 mW (into 9/125 single-mode fiber)
- Safety: Class II Laser Product
- Key-chain sized