AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope PC/UPC Inspection Kit
The AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope supports magnified video inspection of optical fiber connector end-faces during fiber optic cable and connector installation and maintenance.
The ergonomically designed hand-held unit illuminates fiber end-faces and delivers magnified images via USB port to AFL’s M-series OTDRs (M200, M700) or C-series OTDRs and Certification Testers (C840, C850, C860, C880).
FiberScope software displays, labels, and stores captured images as part of connector installation and/or maintenance records.
A large adjustment knob permits easy focusing using a real-time view. Once focused, a conveniently located trigger button signals the attached display device to capture the image for analysis and archiving. The scope’s ergonomic shape and control locations support comfortable, single-handed operation.
The DFS1 is powered through the USB port, eliminating the need for an additional battery or AC power supplies. Electronic video inspection eliminates all danger of eye damage from active (lit) fibers carrying either visible or infrared wavelengths.
An extensive assortment of adapters supports the inspection of a wide range of optical jumper cable connector ferrules and bulkhead adapters. Bulkhead adapter tips are available in multiple lengths as well as 60° angle. Connector adapters are available for PC, UPC or APC polished ferrules in 1.25 mm, 2.5 mm and other diameters. The DFS1 is available in three different kits that provide either PC/UPC adapters, APC adapters, or no adapters.
- Available in three different kits PC/UPC, APC, or no adapters
- FiberScope display software update for M series OTDRs (M200, M700) or C series OTDRs
- FiberScope display software update for Certification Testers (C840, C850, C860, C880)
- Download AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope Spec Sheet PDF
- Ideal for telco, broadband and enterprise applications
- Optical connector and bulkhead adapter inspection
- Display and analyze fiber end-face quality on C- and M-series
- Visually inspect fiber end-faces for damage or contamination impairing optical transmission
- Generate installation inspection records, associating captured
- digital photo with fiber ID