AFL VS300 View Safe Fiber Optic Inspection Scope with Soft Case
VS300 View Safe Video Microscope for Fibre Optic Connectors on Patch Cords
Inspect patch cords with NOYES VS300 from AFL. Designed for field use, the VS300 scope delivers a high-quality end-face image at 400x magnification. Quickly identify scratches, dirt or other problems normally associated with poor network performance.
Fact: A large percentage of network failures are caused by dirty or damaged end-faces on fibre optic connectors. Inspecting jumper end-faces prior to connection is critical to network performance. The VS300 scope provides a quality optical inspection tool at an affordable price.
Safety by design: the VS300 Utilizes a camera and microdisplay to provide an end-face image while eliminating the optical path to the technician’s eye. This ensures no harm in the case of inadvertent viewing of live fibers. *
Standard Features Include:
- Universal adapter cap mount that accepts a variety of NOYES thread-on style adapter caps (ordered separately) to ease inspection of many connector styles.
- 2.5mm Universal Adapter Cap included for viewing FC, SC, ST connectors.
- A momentary power switch located on the top panel keeps one hand free for focusing.
- Auto time-out feature provides long battery life from standard 2 x AA Alkalines.
- Tri-Pod mount: For stationary work, the tri-pod mount allows the VS 300 to attach to any standard camera tri-pod.
*Always follow your company’s laser safety procedures and never use an optical microscope to view live fibre optic connectors.
- 400x Nominal Magnification
- View-Safe design
- Universal thread-on adapter mount
- Long battery life with 2xAA alkaline
- Download VS300 view safe video microscope spec sheet pdf
- Safety: The VS300 has no optical path to the user’s eye
- Ergonomic: Comfortable molded easy-grip case
- 2.5 mm Universal Adapter included (accepts FC, ST, FC, etc.)
- View PC and Angled connector types including MPO/MTP
- NTSC Video Output
- Show Less
- Verify jumper ends are clean prior to connecting to the network
- Inspect end-faces for scratches or pits
- Eliminate the most common network fault (bad connectors)
- The VS300 has been replaced by part number OFS1000903. It does come with the universal adapter 2.5mm that will do FC, ST, and SC.