Single Mode Mechanical Splice – Corning CamSplice
Corning CamSplice single mode mechanical splice features a patented “cam” fiber locking mechanism and requires no adhesive. The “cam” fiber alignment method self-centers the fibers and provides high precision alignment.
The average loss for the CamSplice mechanical splice is about 0.15dB with a maximum loss at 0.3dB. One single part works for 250um/250um, 250um/900um and 900um/900um mechanical splice applications.
Assembly process for the CamSplice single mode mechanical splice
- Strip the fibers
- Cleave the fibers
- Insert the fibers in the splice until they touch
- Turn the cams to lock the fibers
The CamSplice single mode mechanical splice requires no adhesive and special tools. (But an optional assembly fixture is recommended which is included in a compact tool kit)
The completed CamSplice fits in industry-standard splice trays as well as the Corning splice trays.
Features of the Corning CamSplice single mode mechanical splice
- No adhesive or epoxy needed
- Rematable, tunable
- Self-centering fiber alignment mechanism
- No stress on fiber in alignment area
- Optional assembly fixture recommended but not required
- One part fits all fiber coatings