We have the Greenlee Five-In-One fiber stripper in stock. Order it now!
Greenlee's PA-1171 Five-In-One fiber stripper has five notches with corresponding marks showing each notch’s purpose.
- The first notch says 2.8 to 3mm outer jacket
- The second notch says 2 to 3mm loose tube
- The third notch says 2 to 2.4mm outer jacket
- The fourth says 900 micron buffer only which can strip away 900 micron buffer without touching the inner 250 micron acrylate coating
- The fifth notch says 250 micron buffer and acrylate coating which means it strips away both 900 micron buffer and 250 micron coating and leaves only the 125 micron cladding bare fiber.
Now let’s show you how to use it.
Here I have the 250 micron coated bare fiber. We want to remove the 250 micron acrylate coating to expose the 125 micron cladding.
For this purpose, we need to use the last notch. You can see that the 250 micron acrylate coating has been removed which leaves the 125 micron cladding exposed.
To remove the 3mm outer jacket, we can use the first notch - 2.8 to 3mm outer jacket remover. This stripping is a success without damaging the inner 900 micron tight buffer fiber.
To remove the 900 tight buffer and expose the 125 micron cladding, we are going to use the last notch again.
If we use the fourth notch, which is to remove the 900 buffer only. It exposes the 250 micron coating. Now you can see that the 250 micron coating is still intact.
To remove the 250 micron coating, we use the last notch, it exposes the 125 micron cladding bare fiber.