Aluminum Splice Tray, Stores 6 CamSplice Mechanical Splices, Type 2R
Corning Cable Systems CamSplice is a simple, craft-friendly mechanical splice for both multimode and single-mode fibers. It features a "cam" locking mechanism, which requires no adhesive.
The CamSplice mechanical splice incorporates a unique, patented fiber alignment method that self-centers the fibers and provides extremely accurate alignment. Average "blind" (nontuned) splice loss for the CamSplice mechanical splice is specified at 0.15 dB, with a maximum splice loss of less than 0.3 dB.
There is only one part for 250/250 nm, 250/900 nm or 900/900 nm applications (one size fits all).
Completed splices fit in Corning Cable Systems and many other industry-standard splice trays.
- Size:44 mm (1.73 in) length x 4.2 mm (0.17 in) width (Cam)
- No adhesive or epoxy required
- Universal, one-part-fits-all fiber coatings
- Rematable, tunable
- No polishing required
- Self-centering fiber-alignment mechanism
- Optional lead-in tubes for securing 900 nm fibers
- Index-matching gel pre-inserted
- No stress on fiber in alignment area
- Small assembly fixture recommended, but optional
- Fits in industry-standard splice trays
- Pigtail splicing
- Transition splice between listed and nonlisted cables
- Indoor or outdoor through- or branch-splicing
- Emergency restoration