Electrical box insert, 3 3/4 in. x 3 3/4 in. x 1/8 in. pad
Electrical box insert, 3 3/4 in. x 3 3/4 in. x 1/8 in. pad.
SpecSeal Series SSP Putty is a non-hardening, intumescent compound designed to seal through penetrations as well as certain membrane penetrations against the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gasses. SpecSeal Putty expands up to eight times its original size when exposed to high temperatures or flames. Requiring no tools, SpecSeal Series SSP Putty is soft and pliable making it easy to install by hand packing into openings. Its aggressive adhesion makes it suitable for use with all common construction materials as well as cable jacketing and pipes. SpecSeal Putty remains soft and easy to reuse or retrofit. SpecSeal Series SSP Putty Pads provide this same level of protection in a release lined pad for easy application to electrical boxes or other penetrants. The pad is conveniently sized to fit a typical 1-1/2" (38 mm) deep 4S box with no cutting or piecing required. Faced on both sides with a convenient poly liner, SpecSeal Putty Pads are easily applied with no mess or excessive residue.
- Nonhardening for a tough, flexible seal
- Two-stage intumescence provides aggressive expansion
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat and release water
- Highly adhesive, stays put
- Allows movement
- Water-resistant. Unaffected by humidity, condensation and water
- Soft and pliable. Easy to install
- Sound-deadening. Tested and proven acoustical properties
- UL Classified and FM Approved