3M 2273M-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault Locator with EMS-iD Capabilities US Communications 5
NOTE: THIS IS MADE-TO-ORDER AND IS NON-CANCELLABLE / NON-RETURNABLE
The 3M Dynatel 2273M-iD Cable/Pipe and Fault Locators are microprocessor-based systems that incorporate advanced digital signal processing techniques to quickly and efficiently locate conductor or sheath (earth return) faults and trace the path of underground cables and pipes, both copper and fiber optic (with metallic tracer wire). They provide accurate cable or Sonde depth measurements, giving a digital readout in inches, feet and inches, or centimeters (user-selectable). Lightweight, compact and well balanced, these cable/pipe and fault locators allow you to accurately and easily:
1. Locate cable and pipe path
2. Measure cable or Sonde depth with the push of a button
3. Measure signal current in the cable
4. Pin-point conductor or sheath (earth return) faults and cable breaks
5. Discriminate between light and heavy faults
6. Identify cable and cable pairs
7. Tone shorts and grounds in aerial cable
8. Identify cable pairs through wet sections
9. Locate energized power cable
A new feature exclusive to the 3M Dynatel 2273M-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault and Marker Locator is the ability to write, read and lock programmed information into the new 3M 1400 Series EMS iD Ball Markers. Information such as a pre-programmed unique identification number, facility data, owner information, application type, placement date and other details from up to 100 ID markers can all be read, stored with date/time stamp and transmitted back to your PC through a standard RS232 serial port for enhanced resource management.
Designed to be more accurate, faster and more integrated than any other locator on the market, the 3M Dynatel 2273M-iD Cable/Pipe/Fault and Marker Locators can perform these additional functions:
1. Pin-point the location and estimate the depth of all existing models of properly installed underground passive EMS markers
2. Direct depth reading of ID markers
3. Locate two different marker frequencies simultaneously
4. Trace a cable path while simultaneously finding buried markers along the way
For cable path locating, the 3M Dynatel Cable/Pipe and Fault Locators have a highly accurate multi-antenna design for various user-selected locating modes Directional Peak, Multi-Directional Null, plus an ultra-sensitive Special Peak mode for extreme depths.
The 3M Dynatel 2273M-iD Cable/Pipe and Fault Locator can precisely locate conductor or sheath (earth return) faults on both short and long cable sections faster than ever before. The transmitter unit sends a trace signal simultaneously with a fault-locate signal, allowing the operator to use the cable-locate function when locating faults in long cable sections. Fault strength is indicated on the receiver liquid crystal display (LCD) screen, allowing minor faults to be ignored, if desired. Up to two fault readings may be stored for quick reference.
The system consists of three basic components:
1. Transmitter with built-in ohmmeter, which also senses and measures the presence of foreign voltage and tests the continuity of the circuit
2. Rugged, one-piece hand-held receiver with bar graph signal strength and direction, that indicates received signal and proximity to the cable; ID versions locate all 3M EMS Markers and read/write to all 3M EMS-iD Markers
3. Lightweight earth contact frame that is color-coded to correspond with indications from the receiver directing the operator toward the fault
Please see the attached specification sheet for a comparison between 2250M-iD and 2273M-iD locators.