3M Electronic Marker System (EMS) iD Ball Marker - General Purpose - Purple Color - 30pc
The 3M Electronic Marker System (EMS) iD Ball Markers 1400 Series provide more information than ever before. They are the first of a new series of markers that perfectly complement the existing line of EMS passive markers.
For the first time, underground facilities can be positively identified with certainty even in difficult environments. 3M 1400 Series markers do everything the existing line of EMS ball markers can do and more.
These ID markers come pre-programmed with a unique identification number. This number is also attached to the marker on a removable bar-coded tag, which can be peeled off before installation and attached to facility maps for future reference.
When a 3M Dynatel Locator 1420 or 2200M-iD Series sends a "read" command signal, the markers respond by sending back data previously stored in it. The markers can also be programmed and locked by the user via the 1420 and 2200M-iD series locators to include specific information such as facility data, hazard levels, type of application, placement date and other important details.
After the locator has read this data, it may be transferred to the user's PC through a standard RS232 communications port.
These markers are readable to a maximum buried depth of five feet, and can be located by the previous generation of locators.
A free-floating, self-leveling design inside a watertight, polyethylene shell ensures that the marker is always in an accurate horizontal position, regardless of how it is placed in the ground. The markers contain a mixture of propylene glycol and water, which is approved for use in harmaceuticals, cosmetics and as a food additive. The mixture is readily biodegradable and will not harm humans, wildlife or the environment.
They have been considered the most reliable way to mark:
- Buried splices
- Buried service drops
- Conduit stubs
- Fiber optic facilities
- Cable paths
- Load coils
- Installations under pavement or snow
The 1428XR-ID Specifications:
- Color: Purple
- Application: General purpose
- Unique ID number: 10 digits, xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Memory Size: 256 bits
- Typical Compressed Text Length: 7 lines
- Search Mode Range: 5 ft. maximum using any 3M Dynatel locator
- Read Mode Range: 5 ft. maximum using Dynatel 1420 or 2200M-iD series locators
- Write Mode Range: 1 ft. maximum using Dynatel 1420 or 2200M-iD series locators
- Shell: High-density, watertight polyethylene
- Contents: Mixture of propylene glycol and water
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +50°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Size: 4 inch diameter sphere
- Reclaimed water
- Private campuses
- Valve boxes
- Road crossings
- Path marking
- Buried valves
- Meter boxes
- Main stubs
- Service stubs