IDEAL 33-987 SIGNALTEK-FO Cabling system & Link Qualifier, Copper Only, Fiber Ready (No SFP Modules)
IDEAL 33-987 Signaltek-FO Cabling system & Link Qualifier, Copper only (Fiber Ready - without SFP Modules)
Note: Replaced with R156001
SIGNALTEK-FO offers all of the existing capabilities of the standard SIGNALTEK Qualifier such as Gigabit Ethernet Qualification, test storage and reporting, and active link testing and adds the powerful capability of fiber optic Qualification.
Traditional power meter/light source kits only measure the attenuation of fiber optic links. As Gigabit Ethernet is becoming the standard for backbone and zone fiber optic cabling, attenuation tests alone may not be enough to guarantee error-free performance.
- 1 SIGNALTEK fiber ready near-end and 1 remote-end handset
- Carrying case
- Copper cable accessory kit with interfaces to RJ45, RJ11,
- Coax F-Type cables, and alligator clips
- Fiber optic cable accessory kit: 2 duplex LC-SC 50/125 µm (2m/7 ft.)cables, 2 duplex LC-SC 62.5/125 µm (2m/7 ft.)cables, 1 duplex SC-SC adapter.
- 8 AA alkaline batteries
- 2 AC power adapters with international plugs
- USB interface cable
- 1 CD-ROM User Manual
- 1 Training DVD
SIGNALTEK-FO's Bit Error Rate testing, adds assurance that fiber optic links can actually support high-speed data in accordance with IEEE 802.3ab standards.
In addition to cable performance qualification, SIGNALTEK can be configured to run for several minutes or hours at a time. While stress testing critical network links, SIGNALTEK transmits hundreds of Gigabits of information across the network while looking for dropped packets.
This monitoring mode allows SIGNALTEK to be used to isolate intermittent network problems that are difficult to detect. Adopting the latest generation of Gigabit Ethernet technology, IDEALs innovation brings the best performance to this new class of affordable testers.
- Fiber Optic & Copper Gigabit Qualification - Qualify copper andfiber-optic cabling to IEEE 802.3 standards
- Multimedia Gigabit Qualifications (Multimode & Single Mode capability)- Qualify short and long range cabling to a distance of up to 10km (Multimodeand Single Mode capability)
- BERT & Optical Attenuation Measurements- Perform Bit Error RateTesting (BERT) and decibel (dB) loss measurements of optical links
- Dual Wavelength Capability - Available in both 850nm and 1300 mnwavelengths to support virtually all LAN and campus fiber applications
- Small Form factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are compact, light-weight, andfield changeable
- Storage & Reporting for Thousands of Reports - Store and printQualification reports for copper and fiber jobs using internal memory or USB"thumb-drives"
- USB A/B, DC power input
- Shielded RJ-45 Port:Supports 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet connections
- Small Form-factorPluggable (SFP): Supports SFP modules sourced through IDEAL Industries in850nm and 1300nm wavelengths, 1000Mbps Ethernet
- Length Measurement:
- RJ-45 Port: TDR length measurement of 1-4 paircables to 140m/460 ft.
- SFP Port: No length measurement of fiber opticcables
- Bert Error Rate Measurements:
- Copper: 10/100/1000Mbps. Error ratestested to IEEE 802.3ab standard
- Fiber: 1000Mbps. Error rates tested toIEEE 802.3ab standard.
- Battery Life: Standard AA Alkaline Batteries
- Copper Testing: Approx15 hours @ 22 tests per hour (45s Autotest)
- Fiber Testing: Recommend useof AC adapters when testing fiber