Extended Temperature Fast Ethernet Coverters, 100Base-TX, RJ45 to 100Base-Fx, 1300nm, multimode, SC,
Transition Networks's 100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX Extended Temperature Media Converters make cost-effective integration of twisted pair and fiber optics in industrial environments easier than ever before.
- Extended Temperature Capable This converter is designed to operate in environments where ambient temperatures can rise to as high as 65°C (149°F)
- Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u)
- Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- Link Pass Through
- Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal.
- Far End Fault (FEF)
- A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy)
- Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- The converter will also automatically re-establish link when connected to two 10/100 auto-negotiating switches if link is lost. With other manufacturers' converters the user must intervene to re-establish link.
Extended Temperature Applications (to 65°C)
- This converter can be placed in a non-climate controlled enclosure to facilitate a Fast Ethernet connection to remote devices such as IP based surveillance cameras or signaling equipment.
- It can also be placed inside a non-climate controlled pedestal enclosure in residential or commercial environments to deliver 100Mbps data access to a given structure.
- This converter can also be deployed in industrial environments where excessive heat may be a concern. (Note that this device is rated to meet "temperature" requirements of industrial environments only.)
Used in pairs, this media converter can extend distances between two twisted pair switches or a switch and a server up to 2 km over multimode fiber or up to 80 km over single mode fiber.
Connect Remote Devices
Using one media converter, a switch with a copper port can be connected to a switch with an existing fiber interface.