EXFO LFD-300B Live Optical Fiber Identifier (for FiberFinder Kit TK-FF)
EXFO’s LFD-300B FiberFinder:
The EXFO Fiber Finder can identify traffic, direction, and tone detection on both active and dark fibers. With less than 1dB of induced loss, a live fiber can quickly be located and the power measured while minimizing network access time and the possibility for errors.
- Triple test tool
- Live Fiber Identifier
- Live Fiber Detector
- Dark Fiber Identifier
- Less than 1dB of Induced Loss
- No damage to the fiber
- Traffic detection and traffic direction
- One headpiece for 900µm, 1.6mm, and 3mm jackets
A Uniquely Designed Live Fiber Identifier For major single-mode fibers, insertion loss is a function of the bending angle. Although the angles differ, the behavior remains the same.
The LFD-300B FiberFinder brings a unique approach: the power loss is monitored as the angle is changed. Therefore, the angle is automatically optimized for each fiber type and each single-mode wavelength. This results in clear-cut advantages:
- The maximum loss of 1 dB guaranteed for most single-mode telecom fibers (most jacket types) and any wavelength
- No damage to the fiber: bending is always minimal, and the fiber is released when no power is detected
- Traffic detection and direction identification
- In-line, non-disruptive power estimation
- Safe to be used in long-haul applications and on high-payload fibers— contrary to traditional live fiber detectors
- Optimized for 900 µm, 1.6 mm and 3 mm jackets; no need to replace the headpiece
PINPOINTING LIVE AND DARK FIBERS: GUESSWORK ENDS HERE
Performing network upgrade or optical testing requires a fiber to be disconnected. This is often easier said than done, since finding the right connection can be tricky, namely because of fiber mislabeling or poor record-keeping. While the dark fiber can be identified using a tone generator (270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz), the live fiber identification technique often involves one technician pulling one end of the patchcord, with another technician trying to identify which patchcord is moving at the other end—a process that translates into long delays and can result in unnecessary service disruption.
Combined with the TG-300B Tone Generator, the innovative LFD-300B FiberFinder™ Live Fiber Identifier* enables technicians to identify a specific live fiber without having to disconnect it and, above all, without having to guess.
This brings key benefits:
- No more network outages as a result of fiber detection/identification procedures
- The minimized need to access the network helps prevent errors