AFL NOYES OFI200D Optical Fiber Identifier
The AFL Noyes OFI 200D Optical Fiber Identifier is a low-cost, high-tech approach to non-invasive fiber optic signal detection. Using a low insertion loss, macro-detection technique, it discriminates signals without disrupting service or overstressing fiber.
By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a gently bent fiber, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction. This is all done with no head swapping or adjustments for different types of fiber, 250µm, 900µm, 3mm jacketed cable and ribbon fiber.
Rugged, hand-held, and easy-to-use fiber optic test instrument designed to detect optical signals transmitted through a single-mode fiber without disrupting traffic on that fiber. During installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration it is often necessary to isolate a specific fiber.
By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a fiber, the unit will indicate if there is NO SIGNAL, TONE, or TRAFFIC and the associated signal direction. It allows technical personnel to unambiguously identify a specific fiber and eliminates the risk of accidental disruption of revenue service.
The OFI-200 is equipped with a unique two-position head design that can be configured, without tools or recalibration, to work with 250 µm, 900 µm, ribbon, or jacketed fiber. The slim design of the head is particularly valuable when working in splice trays, cabinets, and pedestals where workspace is limited.
- Rugged, hand-held, lightweight
- Accepts 250 µm, 900 µm coated fiber, 3 mm jacketed fiber cable and ribbon fiber
- No head swapping or adjustments
- Identifies light carrying fiber and indicates the direction of traffic
- Low insertion loss, traffic remains uninterrupted
- Indicates Tone signal visually and audibly
- 2 kHz Tone detection
- Low battery indication
- Live fiber identification, Used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibers prior to cutting and splicing
- Tone detection
Download Product Spec Sheet: