NOYES OFI200D Optical Fiber Identifier
The Noyes OFI 200D Optical Fiber Identifier is a low-cost, high-tech approach to non-invasive fiber optic signal detection. Using a low insertionloss, macro-detection technique, it discriminates signals without disrupting service or overstressing fiber.
By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a gently bent fiber, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction. This is all done with no head swapping or adjustments for different types of fiber, 250µm, 900µm, 3mm jacketed cable and ribbon fiber.
- Rugged, hand-held, lightweight, easy-to-use
- Accepts 250µm and 900µm coated fiber, 3mm jacketed fiber cable, and ribbon fiber
- Identifies light carrying fiber and the direction of traffic
- Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
- Detects 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone with audible and visual indication
- Live fiber identification
- Tone detection
- Used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibers prior to cutting and splicing
Download Product Spec Sheet: