AFL OFI 400 Optical Fiber Identifier for Use with 250µm, 900µm, Ribbon, 2mm and 3mm Jacketed Optical Fibers
The Noyes Fiber OFI 400 Optical Fiber Identifier detects signals transmitted through single-mode fiber without disrupting traffic. This fiber optic tester features a two-position head, multiple tone signal detection, and set reference. Measure/display fiber core or relative power on a backlit LCD during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration.
By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a gently bent fiber, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction. This is all done with no head swapping or adjustments for different types of fiber, 250µm, 900µm, 3mm jacketed cable and ribbon fiber.
Rugged, hand-held, and easy-to-use fiber optic test instrument designed to detect and measure the core power levels of optical signals on single-mode optical fiber without disrupting traffic on that fiber. The OFI-400 is simply clamped onto a fiber and indicates the presence and direction of traffic, CW signals, and 270, 330, 1000, and 2000 Hz test tones. It allows technical personnel to unambiguously identify a specific fiber and eliminates the risk of accidental disruption of revenue service.
The OFI-400 uses a unique optical head design featuring a 2-position plunger that enables it to be used with 250µm, 900µm, and ribbon fiber or 2mm and 3mm jacketed fiber. Other brands of optical fiber identifiers require users to purchase, store, and swap out optical plungers each time a different type of fiber is tested.
- Rugged, hand-held, lightweight, easy-to-use
- Accepts 250µm and 900µm coated fiber, 3mm jacketed fiber cable and ribbon fiber
- Identifies light carrying fiber and the direction of traffic
- Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
- Detects 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone with an audible and visual indication
- Unique Optical Head with 2-position Plunger for use with all fiber types
- Built-in power meter calibrated for 250µm bare fiber
- Detects Traffic, CW and 270, 330, 1000 and 2000 Hz Tones
- Indicates direction of transmissions
- Low Insertion Loss
- Built-in self-test
- Automatic power down and battery gauge
- One-hand operation
- 1-Year Product Warranty
- 3-Year Recommended Calibration Interval
- Live fiber identification
- Tone detection
- Used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibers prior to cutting and splicing
Download Product Spec Sheet: