AFL Optical Fiber Identifier for Use with 250µm, 900µm, Ribbon, 2mm and 3mm Jacketed Optical Fibers
The Noyes Fiber OFI 400 Optical Fiber Identifier detects signals transmitted through singlemode fiber without disrupting traffic. This fiber optic tester features a two-position head, multiple tone signal detection and set reference. Measure/display fiber core or relative power on a backlit LCD during installation, maintenance, rerouting or restoration.
By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a gently bent fiber, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction. This is all done with no head swapping or adjustments for different types of fiber, 250µm, 900µm, 3mm jacketed cable and ribbon fiber.
- Rugged, hand-held, lightweight, easy-to-use
- Accepts 250µm and 900µm coated fiber, 3mm jacketed fiber cable, and ribbon fiber
- Identifies light carrying fiber and the direction of traffic
- Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
- Detects 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone with audible and visual indication
- Live fiber identification
- Tone detection
- Used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibers prior to cutting and splicing
Download Product Spec Sheet: