T-EDU-QOP1/M - Quantum Optics Educational Kit, Metric
T-EDU-QOP1-M - Quantum Optics Educational Kit, Metric
- Includes Components to Investigate Quantum Properties of Light (Computer Not Included)
- Requires a User-Supplied Optical Table or Breadboard with Damping Feet
- Recommended Optical Breadboard and Damping Feet Sold Separate
- Free-Space Optics to Show Where and When Measurement Occurs
T-EDU-QOP1(-M) Quantum Optics Educational Kit includes components to investigate quantum properties of light. This educational kit is offered in both an imperial and metric version.
This kit must be mounted on an optical table or breadboard, which is not included in this kit. If your lab does not already have a suitable one, we recommend the B2448FX (T-B60120AX) optical breadboard with the AV5(/M) damping feet, which are available for purchase separately below.
Quantum Optics Educational Kit
- Designed for Educational, Demonstration, and Classroom Use
- Complete Photonics Kit Includes Hardware, Tools, and Software (Computer Not Included)
- Extensive Manual and Teaching Materials Provided
- Easy to Assemble and Use
- Choose from Educational Kits Containing Imperial or Metric Components
Quantum Optics Educational Kit Details
- Build a Heralded Single-Photon Source (Spontaneous Parametric Down-Conversion)
- Learn Coincidence Counting Techniques to Distinguish Classical from Non-Classical Light Sources
- Analyze the Polarization State of Single Photons
- Show How a Single Photon Interferes with Itself (Superposition of Quantum States)
- Demonstrate Particle/Wave Duality of Light in the Context of the Quantum Eraser Experiment
T-EDU-QOP1(/M) Quantum Optics Educational Kit includes all the components* needed for students to investigate the quantum properties of light first-hand in an open and accessible environment. From the type-I BBO crystal used to generate photon pairs to the state-of-the-art single-photon detectors, all elements employ free-space optics to clearly show where and when the measurement occurs. Detailed step-by-step alignment instructions using an additional visible laser that mimics the single-photon emission cone ensure short setup times for each experiment. One particularly important aspect of the kit is to educate people about what constitutes a non-classical light source.
*The quantum optics kit must be mounted on an optical table or breadboard, which is not included in this kit. If your lab does not already have a suitable one, we recommend the T-B2448FX (T-B60120AX) optical breadboard with the AV5(/M) damping feet, which are available for purchase separately
Purchasing Note: The appropriate power cords will be included in the metric kit based on your shipping location. The power supplies and other electronic devices in both the metric and the imperial kit accept voltages of 230 VAC and 120 VAC. As with all products on our website, taxes are not included in the price shown below.