Serial RS-232 to Ethernet IP Server
The STE-10 serial terminal server(access server) allows RS-232 asynchronous devices to connect over Ethernet(10BaseT) using TCP/IP protocol.
It's a small powerful device allowing lots of serial only managed devices to be seen and controlled over Internet.
STE-10 can be managed either from serial port or RJ-45 Ethernet side. Serial port is DTE, which allows directconnection to a DCE device (like modem).
For connection to a DTE also equipment (like PC) a null-modem (cross-over) cable is required.
Features of STE-10 terminal server
- Complete TCP/IP stack implementation
- Low cost and compact design, good for automation applications
- Works in server or client mode
- Provides serial connection over Ethernet
- Connectors: EIA RS-232 DB25 male connector and RJ-45 10BaseT Ethernet connector
- Core specs: CPU 80188, DRAM 256Kb, Flash 256Kb
- Handshaking: RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, none
- Protocols: TCP/IP, ARP, ICMP
- Management: Telnet, Reverse Telnet, ASCII terminal, Dial-in
- LEDs: PWR/ TD/ RD/ LAN
- Power: External 12V AC(AC 100-240V adapter included in box)
- Temperature: 0-50§C (Operating), -20 - 65§C (Storage)
- Humidity: 5%-90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 79mm x 135mm x 25mm
- Weight: 150g