Tempo 1143-5000 Sidekick V.O.C.
The Sidekick is the test set used by every major communications company in the United States to troubleshoot twisted pair applications.
This lightweight,hand-held meter quickly and accurately uncovers intermittent troubles that other test sets cant detect. Since the introduction of the patented Stress Test andthe Leakage Test in 1991, the Sidekick has become a benchmark in communications technology.
Technicians now have the versatility to identify faults in insidewiring, such as bad jacks, opens, high resistance faults, series resistance faults, and defective splices.The versatile Sidekick is used to troubleshoot insidewiring and qualify its use for quality voice over service.
The STRESS TEST reads the audible noise produced on a faulted pair that is stressed by a 90 dBrnC longitudinal excitation. The Stress Test determines thecapacitive and series resistance balance characteristics of twisted pair at any point along the pair. It is capable of identifying DC resistive or capacitiveimbalances undetected by other subscriber loop tests. The Stress Test is also highly effective in identifying imbalances produced by series resistance opens(high joints).
The LEAKAGE TEST detects intermittent resistance faults that do not appear under normal VOM tests. When a faulted pair is taken out of service, galvanicaction forms an insulating oxide layer over the faults. When returned to service, such pairs develop "noisy static" in a relatively short period of time. TheLeakage Test uses 135 Volts to "punch through" the oxide layer and reveal the fault.
- Identifies defective Inside Wire and jacks.
- Measures resistance, AC/DC volts, quasi square wave, and pair balance.
- Identifies shorts, opens, crosses and grounds.
- Replaces the need for other meters.
- Provides tone for twisted pair or crossed conductor identification.
- Single set-up for testing Tip-Ring, Tip-Ground,and Ring-Ground with ground connection.
- Field replaceable leads.
- Softcase with adjustable hook.
- Low Battery indicator light.
- Qualifies Inside Wire prior to activation.
- Reduces repeat service calls.
- Eliminates service interruptions.
- Works on any twisted pair application.
- Increases technician productivity.
- Provides quick return on investment.
- Improves customer satisfaction.
Download Product Spec Sheet: