Ruggedized Handheld SMPTE Test Set
The Ruggedized SMPTE Test Set is designed for harsh work conditions where handheld units are not appropriate. The SMPTE Test Set utilizes a remote loopback unit for single-ended testing of both optical fibers as well as power for the built-in copper conductor tests.
The set checks all 4 copper conductors for continuity and shorts as well as verifying the integrity of the grounding shield in the cable with a simple pass/fail audible and visual indicators.
The main control unit houses the optical fiber power meter readout, copper conductor test indicators, and the SMPTE fixed plug connector. The Remote Unit contains the SMPTE fixed socket connector.
SMPTE Test Set Product Features:
- Single Test Checks Both Fibers for Loss and all 4 Copper Conductors for Continuity, Short Circuits, and Ground Braid Integrity
- Simple Audible and Visual Pass/fail Indicators for Copper Tests
- Designed for Harsh Environments in Ruggedized Housing
- Rechargeable NiMH Batteries
- Dual Singlemode Capabilities, 1310nm & 1550nm Wavelengths
- Test Set includes Control and Remote Unit
- Evaluate both fiber and copper connections
- Measures Optical Power Loss
- Evaluates Copper Conductors
- Tests SMPTE broadcast cable without moving it from a permanent installation