SIEMON XLR8 Connector Fiber Activation Tool
Combined with pre-polished XLR8 mechanical splice connectors, the patent-pending XLR8 activation tool can be used to deploy unsurpassed termination speed and quality.
Available in both LC and SC configurations, the XLR8 mechanical splice connectors support both the multimode and singlemode versions of Siemon's 10 Gb/s XGLO† and Gigabit-ready LightSystem† solutions when used with the XLR8 activation tool.
- Single Step Termination- XLR8 tool combines both splice activation and mechanical crimp into a single, optimized step
- Robust Process -Single-step termination eliminates the need to handle the connector between splice and crimp processes, maintaining integrity of the splice
- Flexible Ergonomics- Tool optimized for use in handheld or table-top orientation
- Reduced Risk of Polish Contamination- All termination steps completed with connector dust cap in place
- Universal LC/SC Compatibility- Tool terminates both LC and SC connectors with no time-consuming changeover required
- Fiber Alignment Aid- Smooth alignment channel simplifies fiber insertion and avoids damage to fiber end face