EPO-TEK 353ND Epoxy (8 oz. Kit)
This item comes in a 8oz kit with a shelf life of 1 year when stored at room temperature. Refrigeration is not required.
Epo-Tek 353ND is a two component, heat curing epoxy designed for high temperature applications. It becomes a favorite epoxy of many fiber optic users.
353ND will perform continuously at 200°C and can endure 300~400°C for several minutes. It has excellent resistance to many types of solvents and chemicals and is ideal for bonding fiber optics, metals, glass, ceramics and most plastics.
353ND remains liquid until heat is applied. It can be applied by brush, dipping, pouring or mechanical dispensing techniques.
- 1 minute @150°C
- 2~5 minutes @120°C
- 5~10 minutes @100°C
- 15~30 minutes @80°C
- 4 hours
- Color: amber
- Consistancy: pourable liquid
- Viscosity (mixed): 3000~5000 cps
- Mix Ratio: 10(A):1(B-hardener) by weight
- Specific gravity: 1.2(A), 1.02(B)
- Glass Transition Temp.(Tg): 120°C
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion(CTE), in/in/°C: 54x10e-6 (below Tg), 160x10e-6 (above Tg)
- Operating Temp. Range: -50~+200°C
- Hardness Shore D: 87
- Outgas: 0.8%@200°C, 1.2%@250°C
- Lap Shear Strength, 25°C Al to Al: 2000psi
- Impact Resistance, ASTM-D-256-56: 0.38 ft/lb.-in.
- Index of Refraction: 1.56
- Spectral Transmission: >50%@500nm, >95%@700nm~2um
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.34 W/m°K
- Thermal Shock Resistance: Passed 1000 cycles -55°C~+150°C
NOTE: Ground Shipment Only since this product is considered hazardous.