24-12P Exchange Cable PE-39 Solid/Filled Core/Calpeth Burial
For use in exchange and campus areas, direct buried or installed in-duct.
Suitable for voice frequency use on all pairs and carrier frequency, both analog and digital, on a selected pair assignment basis.
For full pair utilization at carrier frequencies, a core-dividing screen is required. (See T1 cables.)
- Solid, annealed, bare copper conductors
- Solid polyolefin insulation, color-coded to telephone industry standards
- Insulated conductors are twisted into pairs of varying lengths of lay to minimize crosstalk
- Pairs are stranded into units (and super units, if required by pair count)
- The cable core is filled with a waterproofing compound and wrapped with a non-hygroscopic core tape
- A flooding compound is applied over the core and to all surfaces of the shield/armor to resist moisture entry and to inhibit corrosion
- The cable is finished with a black polyethylene jacket which is sequentially printed with footage marker at regular intervals
Tech. Info & Standards
- Cables with AFC suffix conform to ANSI ICEA 7CFR-1755-390
- A 0.008 in. coated aluminum black polyethylene (part suffix AFC)