Corning Cable Systems Environmental Distribution Center (EDC) - Holds 2 CCH Panels
The Corning Cable Systems Environmental Distribution Center (EDC) product family incorporates design features that allow the product to better accommodate the changing requirements and growing needs of fiber optic networks.
By improving on the original design, the EDC product family continues to set the standard for the future of interconnect hardware. As a component of Corning Cable Systems LANscape Fiber Cabling Solutions, the EDC will accept Closet Connector Housing (CCH) panels and splice trays.
Designed for the storage and protection of fiber optic connections and splices in indoor or outdoor environments, the EDC is ideal for industrial, marine, security or traffic control applications. The unit includes brackets required for mounting to a wall or pole. Accessories for the EDC include various fittings, a rack-mount kit and a grounding kit.
- Outdoor rated
- Backbone cabling terminations in outdoor applications such as industrial, security or traffic control
- NEMA 4X rating
- Field connectorization or pigtail splicing
Features and Benefits:
- Composite construction offers outstanding chemical and temperature resistance and exhibits excellent weatherability
- Constructed of a low smoke zero-halogen material
- Unit is easy to punch, drill, file or saw making the installation of cable entry holes simpler
- Cover can be secured with corrosion-resistant, captive screws or quick-release latches that will also accept a user-supplied padlock if additional security is required
- Accepts the LANscape Solutions CCH panels (available in 6-, 8-, 12-, 16- or 24-fiber increments) for most popular adapter types including SC duplex, LC duplex and MT-RJ
- Brackets for wall or pole mounting are included
- Will accept splice trays that accommodate a variety of splicing techniques including fusion and mechanical splices for splicing or fan-out applications
- Suitable for loose tube, tight-buffered and ribbon cable
- Size: 12.5" x 10.5" x 6.25"
- Capacity: Accept two CCH panels and two Type 2R or one Type 4R reduced-length splice trays
- No cable entry holes provided
- CCH connector panels and splice trays are not included and must be ordered separately.
- Conduit fittings are not included and must be ordered separately.