Tyco "A" Closure, 4 round ports, holds up to 48 splices (8" W x 19" L)
Tyco "A" Closure, 4 round ports, holds up to 48 splices (8"W x 19"L).
- Available in Three Sizes 8", 10" or 11.5" Diameter
- Splice Trays are Hinged for Direct Access to any Splice without Disturbing Other Trays
- Can be used in Aerial and Burial Conditions
- Single-Ended Design Butt Closure with Gel Sealing Technology - No Heat Shrink
- Gel Seal Automatically Adjusts to Cable Size and Shape without Tools
The FOSC family of fiber optic splice closures is available with gel sealing technology for cable terminations. This product line, known as the FOSC 450 closure family, can be used in any environment (aerial, pedestal, buried, and underground) and for numerous splice applications (expressed, tap-off, branch and repair).
FOSC 450 gel splice closures feature splice capacity similar to that of FOSC 400 closures, and offer the same reliable and easy-to-use dome-to-base clamping system. The major difference with FOSC 450 gel splice closures is that the cable sealing terminations use gel-sealing technology instead of heat-shrink. Gel seal cable terminations automatically adjust to cable size and shape, and they require no special tools, tapes or mastics to install. It is also easy to remove cables, and gel seals are completely re-usable.
FOSC 450 splice closures have the following functions and features:
- Single-ended design
- Available in three sizes (A, BS, B, and D)
- Base and dome are sealed with a clamp and O-ring system
- Either six (BS, B, and D) or four (A version) round cable ports are provided in a wrap-around block with pre-installed gel profile for cable sealing. This block can be opened and closed repeatedly without the need to remove or replace the gel. With the use of special kits, multiple cables per port can be installed.
- FOSC splice trays are hinged for access to any splice without disturbing other trays
- Compatible with most common cable types: e.g. loose tube, central core, slotted core, ribbon fiber
- Uncut or expressed fibers can be stored in storage baskets