Splice Tray, mechanical splices, 0.2-in, 12 F
- For use with indoor or outdoor splice hardware
- Protects and manages fibers and fiber splices
- Used at field splice, transition splice and end splice locations
Corning Cable Systems splice trays use proven designs and fiber organization technology to provide optimum physical protection for fusion and mechanical splicing methods. The trays are engineered for use with both loose tube and tightbuffered optical cable designs. Their generous size prevents induced attenuation due to fiber bending.
The splice trays are available in either a metallic version (M67 series) or an injection-molded plastic version (UST series). The metal tray series consists of a rugged aluminum base and cover. Crimpable metal tabs provide buffer tube strain-relief. Additional strain-relief points are available for securing buffer tubes or pigtails to the trays using cable ties.
The plastic tray series consists of an injection-molded, black plastic base that incorporates features to retain fiber loops and control the bend radius. The clear plastic cover allows visibility of the fibers for inspection without opening the tray. Tie-wrap holes provide strain-relief for buffer tubes and tight-buffered fibers. Unique strain-relief tabs are provided for multiple buffer tubes.
Both splice tray series contain organizers for a variety of popular splicing methods. The Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV) fusion splice organizer is of high-precision molded construction that holds and protects the actual splice, thereby eliminating the need for extra parts. Each mechanical splice organizer provides a positive holding action for maximum splice protection during installation and use.
Designed for use with Corning Cable Systems interconnection hardware and splice closures, these splice trays are an integral part of the complete Corning Cable Systems splicing system.
Features / Benefits
- Craft-friendly design
- Available for many splicing methods
- Used for multimode or single-mode systems
- Metal trays feature black powder coating for
- Ease of fiber identification and protection
- Metal trays come standard with aluminum tops
- Clear plastic covers available for most metal trays
- No stress placed on completed splices within tray
Dimensions: 29.7 x 9.9 x 0.5 cm (11.7 x 3.9 x 0.2 in)