Cost-effective, small, rugged and easy-to-use test equipment for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of CWDM access networks
The new MU909020A/Optical Channel Analyzer module is a field modular device designed to measure and monitor power and wavelength over the 18 CWDM channels. It is a cost-effective alternative to more complex OSA for the emerging CWDM market, providing fast and reliable measurements in every environment. Coming in a small, light and rugged handheld format, this easy to use instrument is the ideal and essential companion of each field technician for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of CWDM access networks.
Features & Benefits
- Dedicated tool for installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of CWDM networks
- Fast and accurate overview of all CWDM channels and channel drifts over time
- Fully compliant to the ITU-T G.695 and G.694.2 standards
- Pre-stored or user-defined threshold values for easy Go/No Go testing
- Power meter operation with measurement of the total incident power
- Short boot-up and warm-up times plus long battery life, for rapid field characterization of CWDM networks
- High resolution, widescreen color display that is easy to read indoors or out
- Rugged, sealed design provides years of service in the most challenging environments
- Modular platform ensures maximum return on investment
- Compact and lightweight design for maximum portability in the field
- High performance without a high price
Dedicated tool for CWDM applications
The MU909020A Optical Channel Analyzer is purpose built for testing CWDM channels in the field. It provides an overview of the power levels and wavelengths of all 18 CWDM channels at a glance. In addition, PASS/FAIL thresholds are stored for all parameters and configurations defined in ITU-T G.695 recommendation, allowing technicians to easily assess the network condition. It also enables long-term characterizations with several drift functions. With its software interface focused exclusively on the features needed, it is easy to use for any skill level, significantly decreasing training expenses.
Fast measurement in the field
The MU909020A is ready for measurement in about 15 seconds, so productive work can start immediately. With no moving parts, the MU909020A is faster than any OSA, providing quick troubleshooting of a CWDM network. Besides, measurement results can easily be added to test reports, thanks to the ability to save screen shots, to store data in the internal memory or on external USB memory devices, and to easily transfer files into a PC, With its lightweight design and user friendly dimensions, the Optical Channel Analyzer is perfect for the outside plant environment and can easily be managed with one hand. Its high resolution, full color, 4.3 inch wide screen display is the perfect format for viewing results. It also provides excellent readability both indoors and outdoors. And since AC power is not always available where you need it, especially at fiber pedestals, the MT9090A typically provides 4 hours of testing on battery.
Download Product Spec Sheet: