Noyes SMLP5-5 850/1300/1310/1550nm Quad Single-mode/Multimode Loss Test Kit
The AFL NOYES SMLP5-5 test kit combines the OPM5-2D optical power meter and OLS4 integrated 850/1300nm LED and 1310/1550nm LASER light source and is ideally suited for testing fiber optic networks with hybrid (singlemode and multimode) cables.
The OPM5-2D or OLS4 offer long battery life from common AA alkaline batteries with external AC adapter available as an option. The SMLP5-5 test kit is fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
when you order please advise which part number you are looking for, since difference part number comes with difference adapter
Download Product Spec Sheet:
- AFL NOYES SMLP5-5 Single Mode/Multimode Loss Test Kit Spec Sheet (PDF)
- SMLP5-5 User's Guide (PDF)
- SMLP5-5 Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
AFL NOYES SMLP5-5 Loss Test Kit Contents:
- (1x) OLS4 Optical Light Source
- (1x) OPM5-2D Optical Power Meter
- AA Batteries
- Protective Rubber Boots
- Adapter Cap
- USB Cable
- Windows Compatible Software User's Guide
- 50 And 62.5mm Mandrels
- Carry Case
- Hand-held, rugged, lightweight
- Test single-mode and multimode networks
- TRM Reporting Software (Windows compatible)
- Certification Testing and Report Generation
- Dual or Single Wave ID, CW, Tone
- Large LCD with Backlight (OPM5-2D)
- USB Port for Download of Stored Record
- Free 50µm and 62.5µm Mandrels
- Wave ID (auto identification & switching)
- Power Measurements in dBm or æW; Insertion Loss in dB
- Certify multimode and single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
- Fiber identification prior to splicing
- Passive Optical Networks (PON) testing
- Save test data for Report Generation with NOYES TRM Software
OLS4 Quad MM/SM Source:
- SM Wavelengths: 1310 and 1550 nm
- SM Output Power 0 dBm
- MM Wavelengths: 850 and 1300 nm
- MM Output Power -20 dBm
- Test Tones: 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz
OPM5 Optical Power Meter:
- Detector: Germanium
- Calibrated Wavelengths: 850, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550 nm
- Measurement units: db, dBm, æW
Single-mode and Multimode Loss Test Kit with TRM Reporting Software
The NOYES SMLP5-5 from AFL is a rugged loss test kit for testing and certifying fiber networks to industry standards. Backlight display works well in darker environments or direct sunlight. Interchangeable connector adapters provide access to common network interfaces and provide access for cleaning launch and receive ports.
OLS4 Quad Source is an integrated two-port LED (850 and 1300 nm) and LASER (1310 and 1550 nm) light source designed for performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fiber optic links. Each port can transmit highly stabilized output (single or dual wavelength) ensuring accurate test results per current TIA/EIA requirements. Equipped with industry standard 2 kHz test tone, the OLS4 from AFL is an ideal tool to pair with an optical fiber identifier (OFI-200D) for use in fiber identification.
OPM5 Optical Power Meter provides accurate measurements, reference storage for each calibrated wavelength, offers multiple test tone detection for fiber identification, and in unit data storage. The simple to use interface allows for easy separation of test results into files. In unit file management provides access to files and results for quick and easy retest of fibers and keeps cable/job results separated for fast customer report generation. Quickly transfer test results to PC via USB interface.
Automatic Wavelength Identification significantly increases efficiency
Standard Wave ID feature automatically detects and sets the receive wavelength(s), preventing setup and measurement errors. It significantly increases efficiency and reduces technician errors and saves testing time by eliminating the need to test each wavelength individually.
Test Results Storage, Transfer, and Post Processing with TRM
The OPM5 File Management system allows technicians to organize test results into multiple files and transfer stored results via USB to a PC for analyzing, generating reports, and printing.
The supplied powerful PC Analysis & Reporting Tool (TRM - Test Results Management software) allows users to apply industry standards based rules to test results and create comprehensive certification reports. Users can generate network Pass/Fail results demonstrating compliance to industry standards and illustrate headroom. TRM is a Windows compatible software.
Included 50 and 62.5µm fiber mandrels for certifying both 50 and 62.5µm fiber links for current and planned high bit rate applications including Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Mandrels apply to launch jumpers is seconds without tools and ensure loss measurements comply with TIA/EIA-568-B standard.